Hot Use Instructions
Hot therapy should not be used until 48 hours after the injury.
Hot Water Heating:
- Put water into a pot and bring to a boil
- Remove water from heat source
- Immerse the gel pack in the hot water for approximately 10 minutes
- Remove the gel pack from the water, wipe it off, and apply to the desired area over a cloth or a towel
- Lay pack flat in the microwave oven on a paper towel or paper plate
- Heat at full power for 30 seconds. If pack expands like a balloon: Stop heating, the pack is too hot, let pack cool and check for leaks.
- Remove pack carefully from microwave oven and knead to distribute heat evenly. Check for desired temperature
- To reheat, place pack back in microwave for 10-second intervals until desired temperature is reached. Knead pack again to distribute heat.
- Apply to the desired area over a cloth or towel